Your function within the department
You work in a team of software engineers, physicists, researchers, doctors and radiotherapy technicians. You play a key role in the development of software for processing of medical images. Practical aspects such as speed and reliability of the developed software are of great importance.
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, with the specialized care of the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, has a leading position in the development of advanced radiation techniques, which are often developed from a variety of research projects. In these projects, 2-, 3-, or 4-dimensional images are obtained before, during, or after radiotherapy treatment. As an enthusiastic software developer you will play a central role in the development of software for processing of these digital images. The aim is to build an integrated software platform for use within the hospital as well as within the system of our industrial partner.
When the challenge appeals to you and you recognize yourself in the following conditions, we invite you gladly for an interview!
- You are a software developer and have an academic degree in the field of e.g. computer science, physics, or mathematics
- You have experience with object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of C/C++, Python and C# is a plus
- You have demonstrable experience in developing software, not necessarily in a medical setting
- You are able to translate the demands from research, clinic and industry to a general purpose system
- You can work in a multidisciplinary team but are also able to work independently
- You pay close attention to details
- You master the English language well spoken and written
Your career opportunities and terms of employment
With the innovation and growth our organization has planned for the coming years, your personal development and growth are also central. Of course we are open to initiatives that support the development of both yourself and our department.
The temporary employment will be for a period of 1 year initially.
The gross salary per month will be from € 2.336,- to € 3.917,- according to the FWG-function group 50-55 depending on education and previous experience. The terms of employment will be in accordance with the CAO Ziekenhuizen (Collective Labour Agreement for Hospitals).
For further information about the position please contact Lennert Ploeger, Senior System Developer RT or Jan-Jakob Sonke, Group leader at +31 20 512 1706.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.