Your function within the department
The Netherlands Cancer Institute - Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (NKI-AVL) is a comprehensive cancer center where patient care and excellent scientific research go hand in hand. In our clinic, we aim to personalize treatments by taking into account genetic changes observed in the tumor. We currently have a clinical bioinformatics position open to strengthen the team in the pathology department. The job will embed you in a multidisciplinary team with molecular biologists, pathologists, and bioinformaticians. General activities in the post will include:
- The implementation and maintenance of (existing) next-generation sequencing (NGS) pipelines for in-house patients and research samples.
- Build and improve data architectures in the NGS process
- Communicate with the team
- You have a background in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or related.
- Proven experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analyses.
- Proven experience with Whole-genome sequencing (WGS), Whole-exome sequencing (WES), or targeted sequencing data analysis pipelines, tools, and methods.
- Solid proficiency in R/Python programming languages.
- Experience with R data analysis and data visualization techniques.
- Experience with developing larger software projects, version control and documentation
- Experience with working in a linux environment.
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain ideas and technical details to team members with other backgrounds (cross-disciplinary).
- You can work both in a team and individually
- You can carry out projects independently.
Your career opportunities and terms of employment
If the position is a match with your background/experience and you are looking for a new fresh challenge, please feel free to contact mr. Kim Monkhorst, Pathologist, email@example.com, T 020-5122758.
This vacancy is open both internally and externally.
Acquisition because of this vacancy is not appreciated.