Research IT is responsible for a set of IT products and services at the NKI; especially:
- The Electronic Laboratory Notebook system for research laboratories
- The Electronic Data Capturing system for translational research
- The Slide Score system for histopathology at the Pathology department and the Diagnostic Translational Oncology Facility
- The cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics at NKI
- The JIRA and Confluence toolset for Agile teams at NKI
- Several in-house developed and supported lab management systems, bioinformatics pipeline, ShinyR apps and data warehousing products
- The GitLab source code repository at NKI
We acquire, develop and support innovative, sustainable, secure and compliant IT & data management solutions always in collaboration with NKI researchers, facility staff, clinical staff and/or the general IT staff. We support and advice on the recruitment of data managers, bio-informaticians, software and data engineers. We support and advice on the development of data life cycle management policy and implementation at the institute-level. We take part in in various IT projects led by other departments and take care of IT component of principle investigator led research projects.
The Head of Research IT is also the Information Security Officer and Privacy Officer for Research, and is executive committee member of the Institutional Review Board.