Research IT manages the following products:
- the Electronic Laboratory Notebook system for research laboratories,
- the Electronic Data Capturing system for translational research,
- the Slide Score system for digital pathology related research,
- the cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics for data exploration and visualization,
- the JIRA and Confluence toolset for Agile teams,
- the GitLab source code repository, and
- several in-house developed lab management systems, bioinformatics pipeline, ShinyR apps and data warehousing products.
We acquire, develop and support innovative, sustainable, secure, and compliant IT & data management solutions in collaboration with NKI researchers, facility staff, clinical staff or the general IT staff.
We support and advise on the recruitment of data managers, bio-informaticians, software and data engineers.
We take part in various IT projects led by other departments and take care of several principle investigator-led research projects.
The Head of Research IT is also the Information Security Officer and Privacy Officer for Research, and an executive committee member of the Institutional Review Board.