The eligibility criteria:
- Academic record: Candidates must have obtained or will obtain within 3 months after the call deadline a master degree in (medical) biology, medicine, physics, chemistry, artificial intelligence psychology or a related topic, which allows them to enroll in an official Doctoral program in the Netherlands.
- Time since graduation: At the date of the call deadline, candidates must have finished their MSc less than four years before.
- Exception: The 4-year period is extended by 18 months for each child the candidate gave birth to during this period, or for the time the candidate took parental leave (according to the applicable national laws) during this period. The period is also extended for candidates who did obligatory military service, had long-term illness, or took care of a family member or officially registered partner for the period the care was provided.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Select one or two of the offered dissertation positions according to your interest. The available positions in this call can be found here.
- Application form. Fill out the required fields in the application form. The application form can be downloaded here.
- CV. The CV should be clear, concise, and relevant for the position.
- Video. Make a video of maximum 5 minutes in which you discuss a research article that you find interesting. The presentation should include a short description of the article and a discussion about why you find this article interesting. The emphasis of the presentation must lie on why you chose this particular article, not on the content of the article. The presentation should be clear, structured and understandable.
- Two reference letters. Two reference letters should be submitted independently by the referees. The reference letter should contain at least information about the duration and the kind of experience that the referee has with the candidate regarding: 1) lab experience, 2) research motivation, 3) research capabilities and 4) scientific writing and presenting. It is the candidates responsibility that the referee addresses these points.
- The applicant has to submit the application form, video (via WeTransfer) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The referees have to submit their letters directly to email@example.com. It is the candidate’s responsibility that the referees submit the reference on time.