The NKI PhD recruitment program in molecular life sciences and cancer biology aims to recruit outstanding, national and international PhD students, and provide them with excellent research training in a vibrant scientific environment. The main priorities of this program are the effective mentoring of PhD students and ensuring that all candidates have the support and resources they need to perform high-quality research. PhD students at the NKI enjoy access to top-level research facilities and receive training in science and career related aspects. Lecture series and weekly seminars provide PhD students with immediate access to many of the world’s most renowned scientists. The NKI with approximately 60 research groups is a fertile ground for stimulating encounters and a good spirit – not in the least socially. More details about the program and how to apply can be found here.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in (medical) biology, medicine, physics, chemistry, artificial intelligence or a related topic to be obtained within 3 months after the call deadline
- Motivation and interest to do high-quality science
- Relevant research experience
- Outstanding academic results
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI) comprises an internationally acclaimed research institute as well as a dedicated cancer clinic. This combination ensures rapid translation of basic research into clinical applications: today’s research for tomorrow’s cure. As a researcher in our team you can also make an important scientific contribution to realizing our common goal.